Monday, November 28, 2011

Good News! :)

I went to see Dr. Bacon today, it was my first appointment with him, and I am very impressed! This is the best appointment I have had in a very long time. I feel like I am actually getting somewhere. I new it was going to be a good appointment before even seeing the doctor. The nurse was so kind, and it seemed like she actually understood and was very knowledgeable. For instance, when my mom was saying that other doctors kept making me go to psychologist after psychologist, because they thought depression and anxiety was causing my pain, even though all the psychologists kept saying no they did not believe that. The nurses reply was that's wrong the pain causes depression and anxiety. I knew right than she understood! Finally someone that doesn't deal with this actually understands!
My mom said she thought she was going to cry, because someone was actually listening, and he actually examined me! Not like every other doctor who never even touched me or anything!
The exam was very painful, I thought I was gonna scream, I could barley contain myself. My mom was even tensing up and looking away. He actually listened to what I had to say, and how it felt. He also tested me for fibromyalgia and said I had 8 or 9 of the trigger points out of 18, so I didn't have FM. 
He prescribed oral Ketamine, and some other things. He also said to get a check up with my cardiologist, and also to have a 24 hour EKG (I think maybe it was 12 hr?). He also said he thinks we should do the outpatient Ketamine infusions. He said he follows Dr. S's protocol and talks with him, so that is good. If the outpatient one helps than I guess we will look into getting the higher dose inpatient one, now that we have someone we know can do the boosters!
Although we originally said there was no way we would do the Ketamine outside of a hospital, Dr. Bacon made us feel comfortable about it. I will have monitors on and everything. I will have a nurse there the whole time, and they have not had anything serious ever happen, and plus knowing he is close with Dr. S helped!
So I hope we can get this sometime soon! And hope I can get in to see the cardiologist soon, so I can get the Ketamine set up! I also have a appointment Friday with a new Rheumotologist, so lets hope that goes well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment