Thursday, August 18, 2011

You Dont Look Sick?

I hate when people say "But you dont look sick" 
Just because we dont look sick does not mean we are not. Sometimes I really just wish I looked as sick as I actually felt! 
Any one who lives with any type of invisible illness will understand what it feels like to be told they dont look sick, or there is no way there in that much pain. 
I cant even count how many doctors I have seen, especially at the ER, that when they ask what my pain level is, and my reply is a high number like 8, they just roll there eyes or say to themselves, "8 and smiling." 
Well if you lived like this for as long as I do, you learn to deal with it, and trust me no I'm not always smiling, I just try and put up a good front. If my orthopedic see's me with tears in my eyes he knows its serious.
It hurts me when people think that you have to look sick, to really be sick. You cant see a lot of things that are real, like god, hes real, but can you see him? No so same with illnesses just because you cant see there sick doesn't mean they are not!
Or I hate the stares I get when I stand up out of my wheelchair and get in the car. I just wanna yell, "Yes I have the use of my legs, but that does not mean I don't need the chair" Like do they think I use the chair because I like it? Umm no, I wouldn't use it if I didn't need it.


Here is a great video for invisible illness, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment