Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is PT as successful for treating RSD as they say?

Well I have heard so many times PT has a 95% success rate for treating kids with RSD, but is that really true, I wonder?
Why do I question this? Because I think I have heard of more than 5% that did not have success.

I went to Seattle Childrens and got a tiny bit better from them, but not much, but still that was better than nothing.
Well just recently, in May, I went to Dallas Childrens for there intensive PT program, and I was getting worse and worse, which was very disappointing, but I stuck it out. I finished the program, and felt worse then when I went in. They didnt want to acknowledge any of the problems that arouse while I was there, such as passing out, and many alarming symptoms, that ended up bringing up the possibility of seizures?
They considered me being a success with there program! They had me act all happy and like it changed my life and all in a video!
I could not believe this, I was not any better, and I was worse, and they were acting like I wasnt any worse and I was so much better.
I told my orthopedic, who diagnosed me, and he just shook his head, and kinda laughed. He couldnt believe it either.
And since I stopped continuing stuff at home after over 8 weeks of getting worse because of it, they just kinda washed there hands with us.
And my mom got some of my records, and no where in anything has it ever talked about any of the problems that arose while I was there, like the passing out.
Which didnt surprise me because at one time my mom called a nurse and asked her about it, and she said there was nothing documented saying any of that had happened. Although after I got transferred to Baylor my PT and OT did tell Baylor I was having a lot of dizziness, nausea, and all that during PT and OT.

I do think PT is needed for RSD, but by a lot of doctors it has been proven that there is a line that if crossed with PT will make RSD worse, and I think they passed that for me!
But is there really a 95% success rate? I dont think there is since I was considered a sucess!

No comments:

Post a Comment